Mini Quest and Super Quest
Mini Quest (Y4 to Y8) $21 per student and Super Quest. (Y9 and Up) $26 per student.
- Adventure problem solving game aimed at raising students’ social and co-operative skills. The course involves a series of obstacles including rope bridges and slippery logs. Successful completion of each challenge leads to another clue in their “quest”. Students will need to communicate effectively and work as a team to complete the course in the allotted time. Allow 3 hours for the activity. Teachers and adults should NOT participate or assist the students. Maximum group size is 12 students. Click here for the Mini Quest, Super Quest RAMS. Inquire for more Information.
(Y3 – Y13) $15 per student. Start, finish and payment is at the Waitomo Adventure Centre.
- This exciting new activity opened its (cave) doors in July 2017. The activity continues from the book “TrollStory” – a children’s storybook about the discovery of a Troll at Waitomo (available in soft cover from Waitomo Adventure Centre and Waitomo Education Centre). Allow approx 1.5 hour for this activity. (10 Students per group).
- It’s designed specifically for younger children ( 7 – 14 yrs) and aims to inspire their imagination and thirst for adventure.
- The activity combines fantasy & real cave elements to deliver a novel and rewarding experience where children take on challenges of the underworld. It can be a bit scary at times, however delivery is interactive i.e. it is dialled up or down to suit the group. Emphasis is on story telling and the participants becoming part of the story. There is also an important conservation message.
- Unlike other caves, TrollCave has an official building certificate having been created using concrete tilt slab construction. Nevertheless, the cave is completely buried under the ground. There is deployment of novel features not seen in “wild” caves.
- Accessibility TrollCave is wheelchair friendly. However please note that this is an adventure ie there are obstacles to negotiate and low light challenges.
Waitomo Caves Ziplines Park
(Y2 to Y13) $45 per person, group of 8 booking.
(Less than 8 persons $65 pp).
Y2-Y8 do 5 ziplines in total including the 3 largest after building confidence on the 2 lower ones.
Primary & Intermediate school aged groups generally finish after the 80m line to the cliff.
- Large school groups normally complete 7 of the 10 ziplines.
- Large High schools groups complete 7 ziplines skipping 3 of the smaller lines but complete all the largest ziplines. Longest 280m.
- High school age groups that are around 10 participants will probably complete all 10 ziplines in the allocated time.
- Best school group size is about 15 per group but we can still do 20 per group.
- ALLOW UP TO 1.5 HR.
You’ll start by zipping through 100yr old native Kahikatea trees gaining skill and confidence as the zip-lines get progressively longer and faster. You’ll build towards flying high over the beautiful Waitomo Caves views and Limestone country side.
After your cave trip finish your day on a true high. Our Zip-lines are designed to maximise fun and minimise the time spent waiting for other zip liners.
Safety Certified and approved adventure operator.
Harvest Indoor Rock Climbing Centre
Groups bookings now available. 5 – 13 years old = $8 per child. 14 and up = $10 per adult.
- Located on Tuhoro St in Otorohanga, 15 minutes drive from the Waitomo Village. The Harvest Rock Centre provides instruction and indoor rock climbing experiences. There are 10 top-roped climbs, and 3 auto-belayed climbs ranging from grade 12 (easy) to grade 26 (not so easy). Instruction is tailored to the ability of each group. Students need to be 14 yrs to belay. (No charge for belaying only). The centre is also equipped with table tennis, a pool table, foosball, large screen audio-visual system, toilets, showers and kitchen facilities.
- Allow approx. 2 hours for this activity.
- Times can be arranged once an inquiry is made. Hours are 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday. (Thursday 9am – 1pm).
- Click here for the Harvest Rock RAMS
Kiwiana Leisure Park
Based Next to the Otorohanga Kiwihouse on Alex Telfer Drive. (Year 4 students and up)
Fun for all size groups and ages, your travellers will love the unique Kiwiana designed full mini golf course, world class batting and pitching machines that specialise in cricket and baseball/softball batting. A pro-drive golf practice range and now we’ve also recently introduced Native Bush Paintball for up to 20 players
Set in beautiful native landscaping with picnic seating and barbeque facilities in our park like grounds, we can cater for groups of all sizes and can tailor packages. The $5 school group price. Or a quick stop to full Kiwiana Coach Challenge complete with traditional Kiwi BBQ.