Are you struggling with the costs of funding that school camp, or LEOTC experience? But you don’t want to pass on a huge cost to parents either? Have you thought about applying for funding to cover all or part of your trip to the Waitomo Caves?
Waitomo Education is happy to arrange quotes from the local operators to help you with your budgeting and of course for your funding applications. We get considerable school rates for fantastic activities and learning opportunities
Where to Start?
It all starts with a plan, like all fundraising applying for grants takes time and planning. So make a start well before your scheduled trip, to ensure you have enough time.
Get together all the costs of the trip – quotes for accommodation, activities, transport etc.
Next look at how you will cover the costs (funders like to see you have taken the initiative to cover some of the funds yourself (so don’t give up the sausage sizzles just yet).
When you know how much you need to apply for its time to make a start. There is an amazing resource available which includes many of the funders available you can check it out here http://www.fis.org.nz/products/fund-view/ (you can get free access in places like your local library or council). Below are a few of the main funders people look to (you will need to check their criteria to ensure you fall into the right area etc).
– Regional Community Trusts: Find your Region Here
– Your Local Council
– NZCT: http://www.nzct.org.nz/
– The Lion Foundation: http://www.lionfoundation.org.nz/funding/
– Blue Sky Community Trust: http://www.bluesky.org.nz/
– Pub Charity: http://www.pubcharity.org.nz/
– Grassroots Trust: http://www.grassrootstrust.co.nz/
– Harcourts Foundation: http://harcourtsfoundation.org/
– Trusts Community Foundation: http://www.ttcfltd.org.nz/
– Sargood Bequest: http://www.sargoodbequest.org.nz/index.html
The best thing you can do is make a start. Trust Waikato have created The Grant Seekers Guide – to successful funding applications which goes into all the detail you need to be confident about applying for grants.