The Waitomo Education Service is contracted to the Ministry of Education to facilitate Learning Experiences Outside The Classroom (LEOTC) for all New Zealand registered schools.
- Arrange and book your entire programme and accommodation for FREE -Here to help- Easy organising and support.
- Provide FREE resources, lessons, advice, risk analysis forms, maps, and on-site support
- Negotiate the best prices from the activity providers for your benefit. (Finding Funds)
Whether it’s for a day-trip or week-long camp, there are so many possibilities when it comes to linking LEOTC activities in this area with the New Zealand Curriculum.
Click here for some testimonials
How can LEOTC visit help my students Click here for a ministry of education case study of visit to Waitomo
Or just get in touch to find out how we can link your Y1 to Y13 classroom programme to the many options available in this area.
Glowworms and Cave crystals
Some Learning Contexts
Natural Heritage, Cultural Experiences
Adventure and Challenge
Local landscapes (Earth Science- Caves)
The Waitomo area provides learning opportunities in
- limestone and cave formations
- conservation issues due to human impacts on natural resources
- the effects of tourism on the local community
- local Maori cultural heritage with several marae available to schools for accommodation
- Practical field trips with local operators. (Legendary Black Water Rafting guided Caving and Adventure experiences).
- Senior Assessments. NCEA. Sciences and Geography.
Waitomo Education Service Stats
78% returners (60% primary, 40% Secondary).
1/2 Waikato, 1/4 Auckland, (and BOP, Taranaki, Manawatu <25 %)
Through a Current Registered Teacher providing
Knowledge and Learning: exciting and motivating learning opportunities
Inquiry Learning. “Inquiry as a habit of mind” – Curious learners
Good learning is active engagement – Positive Interaction between peers, teachers, guides and locals.