Please book all accommodation and activities through The Waitomo Education Service (it’s free). There’s no point booking your accommodation directly with the operator and then finding out you can’t do the activities you want because they’re already booked out by another school. Here is a Google map or click here for a Waitomo Map showing the location of accommodation suitable for schools at Waitomo.
Remember, for $7 per night you are NOT staying in the Ritz Carlton or Paris Hilton! The Marae or Lodge are as clean as the last group left them, so always try and leave them in an even better state. There are no locked doors, and although we’ve never had a problem with theft, it’s not the place for children to bring and leave their laptops, cell phones and i-pods unattended. If you’re really worried about leaving belongings unsupervised, then lock them in a vehicle.
$10 per person per night
- Sleeps 30. Bring bedding and pillowcase. All cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery provided. Huge kitchen and dining facilities, including a walk-in cool room. Four toilets, four showers and an urinal for the boys. Five toilets and four showers for the girls. Situated within 1 km of the Highway 3 turn-off, just before Kiwi Cave Rafting (formerly Rap, Raft ‘n Rock) on Waitomo Caves Rd, and about 7 kilometres East of Waitomo Caves Village.
$7 per person per night.
- Sleeps 60. Bring bedding and pillowcase. All cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery provided. Large kitchen and dining facilities, including a small cool room. 2 kilometres west of Waitomo Caves Village on Te Anga Rd. Click here for a bit more information about Tokikapu Marae. Click here for the Tokikapu Marae RAMS.
$7 per student per night. ($10 per adult)
- Sleeps 100. Bring bedding and pillowcase. All cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery provided. Large kitchen and dining facilities, including 2 walk-in cool rooms for food storage. Wheelchair accessible showers and toilets. Lots of flat grassy space outside as well. 10 kilometres North-East of Waitomo Caves Village on Highway 3. Inquire for more information and a Rereamanu Marae Info Booklet
Hamilton Tomo Group Hut
$10 per person per night
- Seven bunk rooms comfortably sleep about 30-40 people; however 4 showers and 3 toilets may limit higher numbers. The kitchen has all utensils, cutlery, crockery, a microwave and zip. Lounge, dining room and outside BBQ area and deck. Bring bedding Pillow and sleeping bag. The Lodge has a resident Hut Warden and is run in a similar manner to a DOC Hut. The Hut cannot be exclusively booked out; it has an “open door” policy and is used by various caving groups especially on weekends. Seldom occupied on weekdays. 2 kilometres West of Waitomo Caves Village on Te Anga Rd. Click here for more information about the HTG Hut
Waitomo Top 10 Holiday Park
From $11 camping or $29 per person per night.
- Various cabins (sleeping up to 56); including 8 Deluxe Cabins which sleep up to 7, (1 double bunk/single on top and 2 single bunks). 2 Deluxe cabins with ensuites. ($140-160). All bedding is provided so no need to bring blankets or sleeping bags. Free BBQ, crockery, cutlery. Fully equipped kitchen, shower and toilet facilities. Also available are Park Motel Units; fully self contained. Queen Bed and 1 or 2 sets of single bunk beds. ($180 for 2 People and $20 per extra person). Tent sites are ($11 per student/ $22 per adult).Children’s playground, swimming pool and spa. Lots of space to run around, right next to the rugby fields in Waitomo Caves Village.
From $30 per student (4 beds), $32.50 per adult if sharing a room or $58 per adult in a single room. KiwiPaka Education Rates 2015
- Sleeps 120. Backpackers, dorms and chalets available. The self-catering kitchen has 2 microwaves and 4 hotplates – cooking utensils provided – collect cutlery and crockery from the office. Games room, large communal lounge, library and internet facilities. Lodge and Chalet accommodation available. Within the Lodge 6 rooms × 4 beds,1 rm × 7 beds and 12 rm ×2 beds.There is a “no sleeping bags” policy in the chalets. The Morepork Cafe is able to provide meals. Here is their latest 15+ Group meals 2016. In Waitomo Caves Village.
Auckland Speleo Group Hut
$10.00 per person per night
- Three bunk rooms sleep 29 people. The kitchen has all utensils, cutlery and crockery. Lounge, dining room and an external long drop toilet. Bring bedding. On Stubbs Farm, 10 kilometres West of Waitomo Caves Village on Te Anga Rd. Click here for a Stubbs-map